Twenty two rooms in a pleasantly located building provide accomodation for elderly persons who do not wish to maintain their own houses or apartments, or who need a little extra care and loving attention in order to enjoy their declining years in comfort with others.
Residents choose to come to Light Haven from many walks of life and localities. Elderly men and women not requiring the full care of a nursing home soon feel relaxed and at home in this caring environment.
Features and events:
- Sunday evening gospel services that are well attended by residents. Visitors often join us and all the chairs fill up quickly. The speakers present a simple gospel message for the benefit of those who wish to attend.
- Winter tea parties are continuing every third Thursday of the month, hosted by local assemblies of believers. Visitors from the town are made welcome. The home lounge is also a favourite gathering place for many of the residents.
- Every Tuesday evening there is a musical fellowship with games and recitations, hosted by the local ladies. Once a month there is a birthday party for those whose birthdays fall in that month.
- Residents and others enjoy the Wednesday evening time for prayer and Bible study, as well as the ladies Bible study and/or crafts on Monday mornings.
- Each room is equipped with a private 4-piece bath.
- Cable television is available.
- Medical doctors are close by.
- Fee coverage includes all meals, general care, laundry, housekeeping, etc.
- Outdoor activities such as walking, gardening can be enjoyed.
- Hairdressing services are available.
Where is Light Haven?
Bruce Mines is about 65 km (40 miles) east of Sault Ste. Marie, on the North Channel of Lake Huron. The Home overlooks the bay and is within walking distance of the bank, post office, medical centre, museum, library and stores.
Jump back to top